Lacrosse herds Mules

The team won 12-6 against Alamo Heights this past Monday, clinching an undefeated district record.

Sam Garibay

Wyatt Tomallo, Sports Editor

This past Monday the varsity lacrosse team trounced Alamo Heights in a 12-6 win for the team. This game marked the last regular season game for the team, having already clinched the district title and placing first in the San Antonio division. Coming into this matchup, the team looked to dominate the Mules in every aspect of the game and they followed through with multiple goals scored from the offensive end.

The team was lead in goals by attackmen Daniel Conner, Ian Feely, Will Ford, and standout Aaron Clark. The team started off strong with three straight away goals within the first quarter, but momentum shortly fell through as the Mules began to make their comeback after mental errors were made by the team. The team regained their footing and piled on scores as the Mules were unable to keep the pace.

The Rangers commanded the game in every aspect in the second half which allowed for their younger players to earn playtime. The Ranger underclassmen held their own against an athletic Alamo Heights, with freshman attackman Seth Hacker scoring his first career varsity goal in the fourth quarter.

With this win the team puts their mark on the district with an undefeated district record, the first time in program history. The Rangers take on Parrish High School this Saturday at Saint Mary’s Hall for the first round of 2019 state playoffs.