In loving memory of Mrs. Younts

Student pays homage to beloved teacher

Lifetouch

Social studies teacher Stacie Younts died at her home.

Rebekah Mann, News Editor

I am at a loss for words.

I not only lost one of my favorite teachers, but one of my most amazing friends.

Stacie Younts has been my teacher for almost a year and a half, and in that short time she has impacted my life in an unexplainable way.  She not only cared about my academic life, but made an effort to make sure my personal life was okay as well. I could have real conversations with her and often times went to her classroom after school simply to talk to her about my day.

Mrs. Younts knew the names of all four of my siblings and that I have an unhealthy obsession with Cary Grant movies.  She cared about every single one of her students and made a point to talk to them with compassion and grace.

Pre-Ap Geography and AP Psychology with Mrs. Younts pushed me as a student.  I spent many long nights studying for map tests, re-reading industrial revolution notes,  or trying to comprehend what standard deviation is. She expanded my thinking and made me work for my grade.  Without her, I would not be the student I am today. I would not be the strong independent thinker that I am today.

I will forever cherish my memories of how proudly Mrs. Younts spoke of her kids, how lovingly she talked about her husband, and how her mastiff actually ate our geography final exam.  

Mrs. Stacie Younts was one of the most amazing people that I have ever had the honor of knowing.  She had such a genuine personality and an incredibly kind soul. Mrs. Younts loved connecting with people, and I am so grateful to have met her.  I know that she will be forever missed.