Play on words

The Production team performs monologues and musical numbers Wednesday and Thursday at 7:00 pm in the Smithson Valley auditorium.

Tatum Tomallo, Social Media Manager

SH: The Production team performs monologues and musical numbers Wednesday and Thursday at 7:00 pm in the Smithson Valley auditorium.

Photo credits: Made by parents of performer Emma Derr and the Theatre Booster Club, the Fall Showcase is quickly approaching.

Despite enduring new COVID guidelines, as the saying goes, “the show must go on.”

The production team will perform The Fall Showcase on Wednesday and Thursday at 7:00 p.m. with free admission.

Due to COVID-19, actors must social distance on stage. Therefore, the show will be monologues and musical numbers only, giving each performer their own moment in the spotlight. 

“I’m excited [about] how the show will turn out altogether,” sophomore Virginia Price said. “One of the greatest challenges [was] making sure everyone was staying safe and making sure I don’t slip up and endanger anyone with COVID”. 

Masks will be required upon entering the building and social distancing will be enforced through a max capacity of 310. Families and groups will be separated 6 feet apart.

“We have done a great job adjusting to provide the safest environment while still producing an incredible show full of emotion, humor, and some fantastic musical numbers,” junior light technician and performer Ella Majors said. 

Despite having endured socially distanced rehearsals with as few as three people, the team has pushed forward and managed to prepare something they are proud of. 

“I’m excited about meeting new people and doing something different this year,” Said freshman Paisley Vera. “I’m really happy we were able to work with the conditions we were given.” Freshmen are adjusting to not only being at a highschool level of production but also to the new COVID guidelines along with their fellow actors.

All students will be performing-including online students.

“This school year has been crazy and it’s certainly been an adjustment when it comes to being online.” source junior Tytus Gonzales said. “Yes, it’s different, but I’ve still been able to grow as an actor and that’s all you really need.”