Important changes to AP testing

Here are the format and condition accommodations for these nationally based exams

Advanced Placement

The advanced placement program is a widely recognized program across nearly all colleges.

Teachers across the country have difficulty meeting curriculum requirements due to changes brought about from the pandemic, and because of that, College Board has made changes to the upcoming Advanced Placement tests in the next few months as a means to accommodate both students and teachers alike.

Here are the following changes that College Board will make for AP testing:

• If schools do not wish to fully open, AP coordinators have to option to authorize a digital testing option so kids can stay at home.
  • There will be live online review sessions from April nineteenth to the thirtieth as a means to prepare students.
  • Certain tests have had chapters removed, given the difficulty teachers are having with teaching the entire curriculum during the pandemic.
  • If students wish to cancel their exam or not take the AP test, there will be no additional fee charged as a result
  • AP classroom resources can be used by teachers to help prepare their students for their exams
  • An expanded exam schedule is currently being planned, with more information being shared sometime in February.

From a Rand Solutions study by Laura S. Hamilton, Julia H. Kaufman, and Melissa Diliberti, two elements were noticed, one being that despite the widespread provision of distance learning materials to students, only 12 percent of teachers reported covering all or nearly all of the curriculum that they would have covered had their buildings remained open.

Secondly, fourteen percent of city and suburban teachers reported covering all or nearly all of the curriculum, which was twice the percentage of teachers in town and rural schools who reported doing so.

“To give every student the opportunity to succeed while remaining safe and healthy this school year, we are providing more flexibility and instructional support than ever before,” officials from the AP Website said.