Popcorn fundraiser pops funds

Key Club selling snacks to raise money

Grace Bush

Flyer with pictures to advertise the different flavors for students or teachers to buy.

Grace Bush, Staff Writer

The Key Club is set to host a fundraiser by selling Popcorn Friday popcorn Nov. 7th through Dec. 1st. 

The Key Club’s purpose consists of providing community service opportunities to students. The popcorn fundraiser is to raise money for the seniors’ cords and for all the community service projects they inspire students to accomplish.

“The Popcorn Friday Fundraiser is important because it will help us gain funds for events, pay dues for those who might be struggling with money, and for cords that we give out to the seniors that are in Key Club,” club vice president Carolina Garcia said.

Flavors include Jalapeño Ranch, Cheddar Cheese, Buttery White Cheddar, Sea Salt Caramel, Ranger Corn, Black Tie, Salted Dark Chocolate Caramel, and Caramel Nut.

The choice of popcorn for the Club was a strategic move by the Club.

“We chose Popcorn Friday as our fundraiser because who doesn’t love popcorn and thought it would make good gifts to give for the holiday season,” Garcia said.

There’s no set goal for the amount of money the Key Club wants to raise but any funds they make will be used.

“We do not have a set amount of money we would like to have at the end of the fundraiser, but we hope to raise enough money to cover the cost of at least all of the cords for seniors,” Garcia said. “We will be thankful for whatever we get and appreciate all of those who participated.” 

This year, we are hosting the Popcorn Friday Fundraiser after the Thanksgiving break to help with our Club membership costs, which will also cover the graduation cords for our senior members.” Co- sponsor Debbie Stewbridge.

The Popcorn Friday fundraiser is still on-going, and purchases would be able to be made during school or before and after as students will have a form that they will fill out saying which popcorn the buyer wants.

“The club’s purpose is to help those in need and give back to our community.” Garcia said. “…as well as pay dues for those who are struggling with money.”