Sign in

Athletes commit on National Signing Day

Peyton Mallard, Staff Writer

Volleyball

Maddie Dennis, a four-year varsity setter, signed with the New Jersey Institute of Technology. 

Shaylan Wright, a setter and defensive specialist, signed to Stephen F. Austin State.

Soccer

Goalkeeper and team captain of the boys soccer team, Cole Hansen, committed to Schreiner University.

Transfer student Haydon Everts is continuing his soccer career at Texas Lutheran University.

Wrestling

Wrestler and senior class president Selena Sifuentes Shaffer signed with Sacred Heart University, a Division I school in Connecticut.

Aquatics

Laney Skrobanek signed to the University of Incarnate Word in San Antonio, to continue her swimming career. Following her 14th place finish at the state championships last year, Skrobanek hopes to make another state run this season.

Tennis

Dylan Smith signed to continue his tennis career at Shawnee State. Ranked No. 146 in the USTA state rankings, Smith primarily competes in Doubles.

Luke Cantu committed to Hardin Simmons in Abilene, Texas. Currently a 2-star recruit, Cantu is ranked in the top 100 tennis players in Texas.

Baseball

Greyson Havens and Caden Meuth signed with McMurry University. Meuth, a third baseman and pitcher, and Havens, a utility player and pitcher, are expected to help baseball compete for another run at the state tournament in Round Rock.

Football

Dylan Domel signed to play football at Prairie View A&M. Domel, a tight end, earned First Team All-District 27-6A honors this season after catching 26 passes for 486 yards and 7 touchdowns.

Garrison Eggleston signed to play football at Hardin-Simmons University. As a senior, Eggleston earned Second Team All-District 27-6A after he racked up 46 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries and 7 passes defended, and tied for the team lead with 2 interceptions.