Fashion club to host show for Marisol Deluna foundation

The show will beign at 6:30 p.m. on April 4 at the Tree Haus Tavern

The+fashion+show+will+take+place+on+April+4+at+Tree+Haus+Tavern.+

Canva Graphics

The fashion show will take place on April 4 at Tree Haus Tavern.

Allison Silva, Staff Writer

On Monday, April 4, the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandise chapter is hosting a fashion show to help raise awareness to the Marisol Deluna foundation and Fashion-able program. 

This event will be located at the Tree Haus Tavern located in the District On 46 and there will be live music and food trucks at 5:30 p.m. The actual show will begin at 6:30 p.m. 

Tickets will be available online or at the door, costing $10 per person and $5 for students with a present school ID. The goal of the event is to help bring awareness to people who want to show their creative side and find new ideas of fashion. 

Fashion Club President Abbey Alcoser and her teammates came up with the idea for a show. 

“After a few meetings and tons of ideas, Bradlee and I decided we wanted the club to produce a fashion show for the community,” Alcoser said.

With the idea of a fashion show, she wanted to include the Marisol Deluna Foundation which helps children learn to do different crafts, explore new ideas and bring awareness to those with disabilities. 

“Marisol is a family friend, so I’ve known Marisol ever since I was little and I’ve always looked up to her as she led me into the world of fashion,” Alcoser said.

Abby and her classmates put work into the show in order to gain recognition for the fashion program and the Fashion-able program, which helps provide sustainable jobs in fashion.