College fair ware

Campus hosts annual event on Sept. 27.

College banners hanging in the senior dinning hall.

Jack Padgett

Jack Padgett, entertainment editor

The Comal ISD College Fair will be hosted in Senior Dining hall on Sept. 27 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. More than 80 colleges, universities, trade schools, businesses and armed forces will be attending.

The College fair is designed to help students of all grades to explore their options for careers after high school. Students will receive informational flyers and pamphlets from multiple schools and ask questions to college representatives face to face.

“Students can ask about majors offered, school population, internships and cost,” College and career advisor Michelle Gonzalez said. 

Students also are excited to explore the fair and see the variety of schools attending for several reasons.

“To check out the colleges and see which college fits best for my major,” senior Braedon Powers said.

Seniors are not the only students looking forward to the fair.

“I get to see the college opportunities there,” junior Gage Clark.

Even if students have decided on where they want to go for college, they can meet with the representatives from their school.

“ The representatives that are there, are the ones that handle applications, and it is good putting a face with a name,” Gonzalez said.

With college applications opened, seniors begin to narrow down their options.

“I have finished the SAT,but haven’t applied yet.” Powers said.

Regardless of how many schools an individual student looks into, the fair is a fun and helpful experience for anyone who attends.

“Seeing the different schools and different colors of the schools,” Gonzalez said. “It is really exciting seeing the kids get really excited for college.”