The student news site of Smithson Valley High School in Spring Branch, Texas

Homecoming results announced

Seniors Maddie Carlson, Homecoming Prince CJ Kuehler, Homecoming King Bobby Palomin, and Homecoming Princess Macky Foley attended the Homecoming Dance on Oct 2.

Zach Stager

Rebecca Covington, Opinion Editor

At Ranger stadium during halftime on Friday, the homecoming court accompanied or represented by their parents stood on the field, awaiting results.

One Prince and one Princess was chosen from each grade’s court. An overall King and Queen from the senior class were also chosen.

“It felt pretty good to win. It was a cool honor because it was coming from my peers so I really appreciated it,” Homecoming King Bobby Palomin said, “I found out I won when I came out of halftime at the football game… and my parents were walking back to their seats and my dad was wearing the crown and the cape and my mom had the sash… They came over to me on the sidelines and told me I won, and I gave them high fives and then went back to playing.”

The freshmen boys court consisted of Gabe Hoskins, Jalen Nutt, Tristan Ortiz, and Elijah Soto. Brooke Carlson, Nicole Morin, Sarah Thorpe, and Carmen White were the members of the freshmen girls court.

The sophomore boys court had Aiden Carlson, Chandler Cole, Matt Franco, and Jake May. Sophomore girls Isis Avantis, Haley Cadena, Avary Rogers, and Madison Suarez were the members of the homecoming court.

The junior boys court included Chase Carson, Aaron Cruz, Hudson Murphy, and Levi Williams and the junior girls courts included Kayla Cassady, Madi Forbes, Jessie Polk, and Haleigh Rivers. Brady Chubb, Ryan Hill, CJ Kuehler, and Bobby Palomin were the senior boys court.

The senior girls court consisted of Maddie Carlson, Macky Foley, Kori Navarro, and Maria Rocha. The winners received sashes that they wore at the Homecoming dance the next day.

Seniors Maddie Carlson, Homecoming Prince CJ Kuehler, Homecoming King Bobby Palomin, and Homecoming Princess Macky Foley attended the Homecoming Dance on Sept. 30.