Senior Taylor Green reaches 1,000 points in win

Casey Casselberry

Senior Taylor Green gets the ball at the top of the key and looks to pass.

Hudson Murphy, Sports Writer

The girls basketball team captured a victory over San Antonio Wagner on Tuesday 61-47. This win took the Rangers record to 17-14 overall and brought the teams’ district record to 6-6. The group won every single quarter of the game, establishing a solid six point lead at halftime.

Despite the win, much of the focus has been centered around the accomploshment by senior power forward Taylor Green, who eclipsed the 1,000 point mark for her career on Tuesday. She has spent all four years of high school on varsity and has put up 220 points this season to reach this mark.

Green has done this while leading the team in scoring this seasons as she has put up 11.8 points per game. Green is the best statistical defender and rebounder for the team as well as she averages the most rebounds, steals, and blocks.

“It’s a real blessing and I’m really happy that I was able to get there.” Green said.

This game was not only special for Green’s 1,000 point achievement, but it also put the Rangers back in the playoffs for the season with two games left.

“We can get there (to state) if we take care of business” Green said, “If we stay positive and finish around the basket we can set our goals high.”

The team will look to continue its winning ways as they will face off against Clemens at home on Friday.