Maze Runner: The Death Cure Review

Maze Runner: The Death Cure came out on January 26th starring Dylan O'Brien, Kaya Scodelario, Thomas Brodie- Sangster, Nathalie Emmanuel, and more/

seanpaune.com

Wyatt Tomallo, Sports Editor

Maze Runner: The Death Cure directed by Wes Ball, was released on January 26th became a huge hit as the film consisted of star actors Dylan O’brien who plays the main character Thomas, Kaya Scodelario as Teresa, Thomas Brodie- Sangster as Newt, Ki Hong Lee as Minho, Will Poulter as Gally, and villains Patricia Clarkson as Ava Paige & Aidan Gillen as Janson.

The plot of the movie takes place after the two previous movies of the franchise, The Maze Runner and The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials. Where Thomas, Newt, and Frypan are the last of the “Gladers” who go against the orders of Vince, who commands “The Right Arm Resistance”, and try rescue their friend Minho. Minho has been captured and tortured by the ruthless WCKD organization, and things get pretty spicy when the boys execute their rescue plan. Through this plan into helping their friend, Thomas, Newt, Frypan, and Teresa (who they find later on) discover many things within WCKD headquarters, such as serum to help those who are infected by the virus that reeks the wasteland. They save Minho and a couple kids in the process, but their friend Ava is killed from WCKD leader, Janson.

Maze Runner: The Death Cure grossed $182.6 million in the box office on its opening weekend over its $62 million budget. The movie also earned a saucey 43% on the rotten tomatoes review, making it generally low for such an entertaining movie.

I thought the movie was pretty good in my opinion as a post apocalyptic action film is pretty hard to direct. Also, the special effects presented were at its peak as it generally made the audience believe the infected were indeed real. I’m not gonna lie though, I kind of wished Michael Bay was somehow affiliated with this film so a random unnecessary explosion could be used in the background to spice some things up when things get intense, but hey well done Wes Ball. Overall, this was a pretty good movie in my opinion, and hope they make another action filled one.

Score: 6

About the Writer
Wyatt Tomallo, Sports Editor

Hi, my name is Wyatt Tomallo. I am a senior and the sports editor for the Valley Ventana. I play lacrosse for the high school school.