Fall season spicing things up

As the air turns crisper and the leaves change color, students are in shock about the arrival of the fall season.

Pan Macmillian

Leslie Juarez, Staff Writer

Autumn officially began on Sept. 22 and only after a few short weeks after, there have already been several noticeable changes. Whether it is the fallen leaves, the pumpkin spice flavoring in almost every sweet dessert or maybe even the shift in the weather, students are in shock.

“My favorite part of fall is the weather,” freshman Selena Tian said. “The weather is cool but not cool enough to be freezing.”

The fall season also brings new holiday/autumn flavors to foods, drinks and desserts almost everywhere you go.

Senior Annabelle Sanchez said, “Fall flavors are just so different from summer flavors where as to summer you want to drink lemonade and have cool refreshing desserts to cool you down from the heat that comes with summer. However, fall flavors are the ones that warm you up, where you can relax on the couch with a blanket and drink some hot coffee with flavors like pumpkin, caramel and cinnamon. Stores are already putting out fall desserts in anticipation of the cool weather so they base off all the new product to different consumers.”

As the weather turns cool and brisk, students are excited about clothing that comes with this new season.

“I like the fall because of the change in the weather. I can wear long sleeves and jackets,” said senior Alysha Hokanson.

As summer is transitioned to fall, it is first observed by the color of the leaves.

“Fall to me is the most wonderful time of the year,” senior Jordan Leyendecker said. “It is not to hot nor is it too cold during the fall. However, by far my favorite aspect of fall is the leaves. The leaves don’t change color as much here in Texas, but growing up in Tulsa, Oklahoma, I remember the stunning array of reds, oranges, golds, amber, and yellow.”

Although autumn may be a nice thing to some, others might not find it so appealing.

“I hate fall because all the leaves are falling and pollen levels rise like crazy, my allergies are the worst,” freshman Ariel Melendez said.

Whether it is the change in the color of the leaves or the increase of pollen in the air, everyone has different views of the arrival of the fall season.