Jacob Valadez

At the end of the second quarter, senior wide receiver T.J. Hunt gets into position for the snap. Hunt scored on two touchdowns in the last minutes of the first half.

On the Hunt

Senior receiver scores three touchdowns on way to 35-0 rout over Canyon

Senior T.J. Hunt pulled down three touchdown passes as football defeated Canyon 35-0 Sept. 23 at home.
Early in the first quarter, Hunt scored on a 57-yard reception from Chase Senelick, followed by the PAT by Clayton Amaya.
Senior Gavin Woods got his second sack of the season, with 6:15 left in the first quarter. Senior David Dehoyos carried the ball into field goal range, but the quarter closed with a 7-0 score.
Dehoyos walked in a 1-yard touchdown on the first play of the second quarter, followed by senior Brayden Bafidis, who picked his way through eight yards of Canyon defenders for another score.
It was dejavu for Hunt and Senelick as the pair connected on yet another 57-yard touchdown with 1:08 in the first half. A little more than a minute later, they paired up for a six-yard reception to close out the scoring for the evening.
Senelick was 15 for 16 on the night with 264 yards and three touchdowns while Doug Lantz carried the ball 11 times for 66 yards. Hunt led all receivers with six receptions for 167 yards and three touchdowns.
Football has a bye on Friday and will take on Kyle Lehman Oct. 7 for homecoming.

Valley Ventana • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in