The student news site of Smithson Valley High School in Spring Branch, Texas

Cool treats

Blue Bells’ three new summer flavors get approval
Blue Bell Creameries
Monster Cookie Dough is available in the half gallon and pint sizes for a limited time.

Texas favorite Blue Bell Creameries released three new flavors this summer to celebrate National Ice Cream Month in July.
In addition to its already popular flavors, Blue Bell came out with Monster Cookie Dough, Dr Pepper Float, and Java Jolt which all come out just in time for National Ice Cream Month in July.
Dr Pepper Float, released May 18, features creamy vanilla swirled with Dr Pepper-flavored sherbet and comes in a pint-size.
“The Dr Pepper Float ice cream was so bus,” freshman Mia Wolanin said.
Senior Reid Wagner disagreed.
“The Dr Pepper float was not very good” he said, “would not recommend it.”
Released on July 6, Monster Cookie Dough is made of vanilla ice cream, hints of brown sugar, peanut butter, cookie dough, candy-coated chocolate, and dark chocolate chunks.
“If you have not heard of a monster cookie, it typically combines many of your favorite ingredients from other cookies like chocolate chips, peanut butter and chocolate-coated candy pieces,” said Blue Bell Marketing Brand Manager Sara Schramm. “And, many monster cookies are rather large because of all the goodies packed in one treat. The dough pieces in our Monster Cookie Dough Ice Cream have the same delicious ingredients you find in the cookie.”
Local samples earned rave reviews.
“I got it when the store was giving off samples and it was really good,” junior Luke Kennedy said.
Coffe ice cream packed with dark chocolate chunks and coffee fudgem, Java Jolt came out on June 8.
“ It was good,” senior Alex Engrav said, “but different.”