The student news site of Smithson Valley High School in Spring Branch, Texas

Evie Armour stars as Iphigenia in the one-act play that competes at region.
Shining Armour
Alissa Kastle, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024
The golf team will compete at state Monday at the Legacy Hills Golf Club. Golfers including as Zach Seader, Aiden Page, Anniiston Mcllwain, Cole Cantu, and Ryan Griff will represent the boys team, while Sayers Allen will play.
Ranger Roundup
Sports staffApril 24, 2024
Valley Ventana’s weekly Connections game: Week of April 22. Photo via Canva
Connections: Week of April 22
Valley Ventana, Staff • April 23, 2024
Wrestling coach Tim Clarkson was named the 5A Region IV Coach of the Year by his peers. Music by MorningLightMusic on YT
Wrestling coach named tops for Region IV 5A
April 22, 2024
Junior Sayers Allen poses for a photo at the golf region competition on April 17. Photo via SVHS Golf.
Swinging it into high gear
Grayson Cook, Staff Writer • April 19, 2024

Volleyball to host Seguin for senior night

Playoffs start Oct. 30-31
Daniel Grant
Senior Macie Mathis, who has verbally committed to Texas Tech, slams the ball against Canyon Tuesday at home. The team lost 1-3 to the district leader and sit fourth in the seeding for playoffs.

The volleyball team, currently fourth in district, faces Seguin at home on Tuesday for the final district matchup and senior night.

Canyon (11-1) sits atop District 26 5A followed by 9-3 Tivy. Pieper is tied with the Rangers at 8-4. However, Pieper defeated Smithson Valley 3-2 in both district matchups on Sept. 7 and Oct. 3.

The Rangers take on Boerne Champion at their gym on Friday and celebrate senior night against Seguin on Tuesday. Playoffs start Oct. 30-31.

Smithson Valley (26-14 overall) lost a crucial 1-3 game to Canyon on Oct. 17 in what could have changed seeding for playoffs.

The Rangers had a slew of injuries in the first half of the season, according to head coach Melissa Miller.

Senior Olivia Fuentes leads the team in kills with 323 and receptions with 661. Megan Zamora anchors the defense with 69 blocks while also leading in service aces with 39. Brittan Fedyk dives all over the floor with 553 digs, and Marlowe Berry sets her team up with 669 assists.

Fedyk, Macie Mathis, Kendall Reidel, Fuentes, Zamora, Savannah Leonard and Makenna Hanscom will be recognized on senior night after the 5:30 p.m. junior varsity game.

‘They have done a lot for this program and this school,” Miller wrote in an email, “and we’d love for them to feel that love and appreciation with a full house on the night of their last volleyball game in the SV gym.”