Evie Armour stars as Iphigenia in the one-act play that competes at region.
Shining Armour
Alissa Kastle, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024
The golf team will compete at state Monday at the Legacy Hills Golf Club. Golfers including as Zach Seader, Aiden Page, Anniiston Mcllwain, Cole Cantu, and Ryan Griff will represent the boys team, while Sayers Allen will play.
Ranger Roundup
Sports staffApril 24, 2024
Valley Ventana’s weekly Connections game: Week of April 22. Photo via Canva
Connections: Week of April 22
Valley Ventana, Staff • April 23, 2024
Wrestling coach Tim Clarkson was named the 5A Region IV Coach of the Year by his peers. Music by MorningLightMusic on YT
Wrestling coach named tops for Region IV 5A
April 22, 2024
Junior Sayers Allen poses for a photo at the golf region competition on April 17. Photo via SVHS Golf.
Swinging it into high gear
Grayson Cook, Staff Writer • April 19, 2024

On to the second round

Football headed to Temple for showdown with Magnolia West
Daniel Grant
Armed with the ball, senior wide receiver Freddie Dubose puts down a Georgetown defender Nov. 3 at Ranger Stadium. Dubose made six catches for 41 yards in the 41-25 win.

On the same night the football defeated Georgetown 41-25 on its home field, the Magnolia West Mustangs put a lock on the scoring end against the Madison Marlins 68-0.

Both teams travel to Temple Friday for a 7 p.m. kickoff in the area playoff game.

The Rangers are preparing just like every other week.

“We don’t play the score,” senior defensive tackle Davis Kuhn said. “We play the team.”

The Magnolia West team is led by quarterback Bryson Broadway, a 5-foot-11 junior, has thrown 2,358 yards, 25 touchdowns with only 6 interceptions.

His favorite target is senior wide receiver and multisport athlete Brandon Taylor, who has racked up 877 yards averaging 79.6 Yards per game and 11 touchdowns. He will have his hands full with coverage by seniors Zach Gingrich, Owen Hack and Nick Dudzikowski.

Senior running back Troy Daniels, who was second team all-district this past year, averaged 75.1 yards per game and has 601 total yards rushing and six touchdowns, despite only playing eight games this season.

Their defensive weapons include senior linebacker Sam Mattingly and junior defensive lineman Brandon Mills. Mattingly, a 3-star recruit who has committed to Stanford, currently is ranked 20th in the state and fifth in Region III in tackles with 145. He also has 5 tackles for a loss and two interceptions.

Squaring up against Mattingly will be seniors Freddie Dubose (who has committed to Texas), Jackson Duffey, and Cole Freund.

A first team all-district selection this past season, Mills has 11 sacks (10th in Region lll) and 7 

tackles for loss.

To combat the Magnolia West defense, “we have to get out the gate strong,”junior running back-linebacker Cade Spradling said.