Football prepares for showdown with Judson

Junior quarterback Levi Williams jogs off the field after a touchdown during the teams game against East Central. The team defeated the Hornets 54-0 on homecoming on Sept. 29.

Casey Casselberry

Wyatt Tomallo, Editor-in-Chief

The varsity football team has their hands full this week as they prepare to take on the Judson Rockets. The Judson holds a perfect 8-0 (4-0 District) record and are currently the best team in the city and also the second ranked team in the state. The Rangers come into the game with a 7-1 (3-1 District) record and as the 4th ranked team in the city.

Judson is led by running back Sincere McCormick who leads the team in rushing with 784 yards and 13 touchdowns on the season. The Rockets have a lot of offensive firepower and are currently the number one offense in the state averaging 50.5 points per game. They are coming off a 31-14 victory over the Clemens Buffaloes.

The Rangers on the other hand are looking to improve on a hard fought 14-9 victory last week over the Canyon Cougars. Defensively the Rangers have been stout all season holding opponents to just over 11 points per game.

The offense is looking to get back to their high scoring form as they have yet to eclipse over 14 points in the past two games despite averaging 43.7 points in their previous six games. The Rangers are led by quarterback Levi Williams who has 1302 passing yards and 15 touchdowns on the season so far.

In the previous meeting between the two teams the Rangers took home a victory defeating Judson 44-14.

The game is tonight at Rutledge Stadium at Judson High School. Kickoff is at 7:30 p.m.