Running an errand during fifth period Lauren Boswell stops to pose for a picture
A new occupation
Solily San Miguel, Design/Production editor • May 3, 2024
Izzy Sutherland runs down the track during the 400m at region on April 19.
On track: Freshman to compete at state in 4x400
Julissa Vargas, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
In her approach to third base, sophomore Kamryn Prater prepares to slide to beat the throw out.
Softball, baseball step up to playoffs
Lukas Haider, Sports Writer • May 1, 2024
Senior Jazmyn Singh runs down the track during the 400m dash at the region competition April 19.
Chasing victory
Austen Young, Staff Writer • May 1, 2024
Senior Ella Pickron pole vaults at a track meet earlier this season.
Springing into the future: Senior Ella Pickron continues pole vaulting career
Allison Howe, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024

Ranger Roundup

Check out this week’s results in sports
The+golf+team+will+compete+at+state+Monday+at+the+Legacy+Hills+Golf+Club.+Golfers+including+as+Zach+Seader%2C+Aiden+Page%2C+Anniiston+Mcllwain%2C+Cole+Cantu%2C+and+Ryan+Griff+will+represent+the+boys+team%2C+while+Sayers+Allen+will+play.+
Kayla Rackley
The golf team will compete at state Monday at the Legacy Hills Golf Club. Golfers including as Zach Seader, Aiden Page, Anniiston Mcllwain, Cole Cantu, and Ryan Griff will represent the boys team, while Sayers Allen will play.

Baseball

Baseball ended its district win streak this past week, falling to rival Boerne Champion 3-4 on April 12 and 2-6 on April 16.

On Tuesday, baseball defeated Pieper 7-1 ahead of another district showdown between the two Comal ISD teams on Friday.

To claim district, baseball needs to defeat Pieper and Boerne Champion needs to lose to Seguin. Champion only needs to win or Smithson Valley to lose. Pieper currently is in third place.

Softball

The softball team is currently on an 11- game win streak. The team ended their 13-1 district season this past Friday, beating Pieper 11-1. The team took first place in district and was named district champs. They will begin playoffs tomorrow against Rouse at 7:00 p.m., at Ruse highschool. The winner will be the best out of three games.

Track and Field 

The track and field team just competed at regionals April 19- 20. 

Senior Jazmyn Singh will make her fourth state appearance after her third Rregional title. Singh took first place in 400m dash finals and prelims. Her final time to advance to state was 54.75.  Singh will also compete in the 4x400m relay along with teammates freshman Izzy Sutherland, sophomore Lilly Koeing, and junior Mia Perez. The 4×4 relay team took first with a time of 3:51.46 

Junior Mia Peter took third place in the 800m run with a time of 2:12.56 and she place sixth in the 1600m run with a time of 5:13.27.

Senior Ella Pickron took second place in pole vault with a new PR of 13-0.  Freshman Sofia Mitschke took fourth place in pole vault with a height of 12-0. 

The boys 4x100m relay team took second place in the finals with a time of 41.62  and will be advancing to state. 

Senior Jason Maynard will make his second state appearance in discus. He took second place with a throw of 164-11.