Ranger Roundup

Sports staff recaps key scores, games from the past week

SV Golf Twitter

The boys and girls golf teams continue their season with wins at the Wurst Invitational on Monday.

Sports Staff, Sports Staff

Football’s game last week was postponed because of COVID-19 contact tracing at Judson. They’ll travel to East Central Friday in a potential playoff-clinching game. 

Volleyball enters the first round of the playoffs against the Madison Mavericks at 7 p.m. Friday at Canyon High School. They look to extend their undefeated district season into the playoffs. 

Girls basketball team defeated LEE 55-28 last Friday at home. Their game against Clark Tuesday night was cancelled, but they will play against Boerne at home this Friday at Smithson Valley.

Both boys and girls golf teams won first place at the Wurst Invitational on Monday.

Boys basketball played two games against Antonian and San Antonio Jay. The Rangers defeated Jay 70-55, and lost to Antonian 43-76. They will face Canyon Friday and Kerrville Tivy Nov. 24. 

The Comal ISD Bass fishing team cemented its position as the Hill Country Division Team of the Year with a solid performance at Lake LBJ on Saturday. Evan Velez won the tournament with his catch of a 6.22-pound bass. Braxton Alexander and Cade Dornburg placed fourth, Mason McClellan and Ryder Cunningham sixth, Evan Velez and Evan Koop seventh and Grady Walters (and his Canyon teammate, Chandler Banks) ninth. For the season, Alexander and Dornburg won Hill Country Division Angler[s] of the Year, with Velez and Koop finishing second and Grady King and Kyle Lamprecht placing fifth.