Running an errand during fifth period Lauren Boswell stops to pose for a picture
A new occupation
Solily San Miguel, Design/Production editor • May 3, 2024
Izzy Sutherland runs down the track during the 400m at region on April 19.
On track: Freshman to compete at state in 4x400
Julissa Vargas, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
In her approach to third base, sophomore Kamryn Prater prepares to slide to beat the throw out.
Softball, baseball step up to playoffs
Lukas Haider, Sports Writer • May 1, 2024
Senior Jazmyn Singh runs down the track during the 400m dash at the region competition April 19.
Chasing victory
Austen Young, Staff Writer • May 1, 2024
Senior Ella Pickron pole vaults at a track meet earlier this season.
Springing into the future: Senior Ella Pickron continues pole vaulting career
Allison Howe, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024

Shining Armour

Actress in one-act’s title role leads way to region
Kylie McCarty
Evie Armour stars as Iphigenia in the one-act play that competes at region.

As the crowd goes quiet and the lights dissolve into darkness, a sly voice can be heard lurking in the shadows. The lights dart on and suddenly the world has its attention on Evie Armour.

Armour, who plays the title role of “Iphigenia” in the region-bound one-act play, has built a name for herself, not just as a castmate and actress, but as a friend to others. The production takes the stage Friday at Southwest High School.

“Evie is a smart, funny and good person,” junior Daniela Aranda said. “She’s the type of friend to check up on you and make sure everyone feels included. She’s very protective and loyal when given the chance. She’s a very unique person because she can be very serious and talk about deep things, but also be super funny and know how to have a fun time.” 

Armour didn’t consider joining theater until the opportunity shined in middle school.

“(I) actually only joined because my friend kept asking me to audition for our winter play, and I didn’t think anything of it,” Armour said. “I got a part, and it turned out to be really fun. I met a lot of really good friends and I loved the theater teacher. It was a lot more fun than I would have thought being able to work but have fun putting together shows.”

When she moved to Texas, she thought she would take the production class.

“I ended up auditioning for production since I loved everything,” she said.

Armour scored the titular role of Iphigenia in the award-winning one-act production. 

Despite her love of theater and the arts, she believes in focusing on her academics

“In a perfect world I’d love to pursue theater in the future,” Armour said. “It’s just not realistic for me personally. I hope to at least minor in theater or stay involved in college. My parents just want me to focus on academics.” 

Armour values the relationships she has built through her theater experiences.

“There’s so much that I love,” she said. “Most members of production I’d call my close friends, and I know we’d all support each other through anything. Everyone works so well together, coming up with Ideas, solutions, and volunteering for any work to better our shows.”