Three lunches get thumbs down

Staff, students complain plan divisive, causes extra work

Data complied by Emma Sipple, Jack Padgett, Megan Myles, LJ Haider and Alex Alvarado

Designed by Megan Myles

LJ Haider, Social Media Editor

The moan and groan of the lunch system has been the talk of the school since it started. With about 30 students per class and a growing feeder pattern, the cycle never seems to end. The growing population also affects the staff, splitting them between lunch duty and their jobs.

“The problem is manpower, more help,” says counselor Becca Franks. “I wish we didn’t have three lunches.”

Students also do not like the three lunch system because they believe the lunches are too late and short.

“I hate having three lunches,” sophomore Ava Weissgarber said. “You have less of a chance with having lunch with your friends, the lunches are shorter, and B lunch is way too crowded.”

With the influx of students scheduling has also been difficult, factoring in three lunches along with a high class population.

“If our counselors didn’t have lunch duty it would be better for scheduling. Some counselors have 600 students already,” Franks said.

Unless the school population is directed towards a new high school, the problem with unbalanced lunches will continue to grow.