Ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day

Staff tell Valentine’s Day stories

Emma Sipple, Web Editor

The Valley Ventana newspaper and broadcast staffs offer their ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day, regardless if you have a significant other or not.

This Valentine’s day I made my friends macaroni necklaces, which they are wearing around school, and gave them conversation hearts with puns written on them.

I was at Walmart and I saw two bags with ‘Best Dude Ever’ printed on them and naturally decided to get two. My mom made the offhand comment about making macaroni necklaces for my two friends.Later I asked a few people I sit with before school if they wanted one, and I ended up making 8 for the group. I also got conversation hearts for more of my friends and wrote puns on them.

– Web Editor Emma Sipple

Freshman year on Valentine’s day I did not have a girlfriend or even something to give out. So, I was in a bit of a pickle. It took me hours to figure out what to do. Finally I just found a random person to give my valentine to, which turned out to be the best Valentines yet.

-Broadcast Staffer Levi Williams

Every morning, I wake up and dread the day that awaits me. Well, not every morning. Just school days. Today wasn’t any different. Feb. 14. is just another day for lil’ ole’ Laney. That is, until I entered the kitchen.

Now that I’m 16, I didn’t expect a gift to be waiting for me… but I was wrong. There, on the kitchen counter, sat a waterbottle with an Olive Garden gift card taped to it. Nothing says Valentine’s Day like a gift card to your favorite restaurant from the only people that love you (I’m totally kidding, I’m pretty loveable, it’s not just them two that love me). While all the happy, loving, amazing couples spend money on their Olive Garden meals, I’ll be there, sitting in a booth with my sister (a.k.a. the only other single friend I have who can physically drive me to Olive Garden). I cannot wait for my chicken parmesan and breadsticks later today.   

-Staff Writer Laney Rendon

It’s that time of the year again; the day of love. Just like every other year, I’m spending it alone. This morning, I was pleasantly surprised that my friends brought me gifts. I was thankful and even made my friend pose for a picture on my snapchat so I could show them off. For me, today is just an ordinary Tuesday that I will spend doing homework, watching Netflix, and probably spending the night crying myself to sleep.

-Staff Writer Alex Alvarado

Just doing homework.

-Editor Bobby Palomin

Binge watching Netflix.

-Producer Aaron Rodriguez

I’m either going to stay in all night or I’m going to get my mom a rose then stay in all night.

-Staff writer John Garza