Girls basketball bounces back from tough loss

Sophomore Tanyse Moehrig-Woodard takes a contested jump shot in the teams 48-31 loss on the road against Clemens. The team has recently gone on a two game winning streak defeating New Braunfels and East Central.

Stevens

Hudson Murphy, Staff Writer

The girls basketball team took a 10 point loss to Cibolo Steele last Tuesday 51-41. This loss was to a tough Steele team who came into the game with an undefeated 10-0 district record and 28-3 overall record. Steele is 16th in state making them the toughest opponent the team has faced.

The team put up a fight against Steele going only losing by five points, but couldn’t come back late to pull off the upset. The team came into the game following a 44-29 win over the New Braunfels Unicorns. Senior Leesha Fross led the team in scoring with 14 points in the game followed by sophomore Tanyse Moehrig-Woodard and senior Taylor Green who contributed 9 each.

The team bounced back from this game with a dominant 20 point win over the East Central Hornets at home on Friday improving its record to 16-14 (5-3 in district). This was a great win for the Rangers as they came into the game with a much worse record than the Hornets who are 8-3 in district.

The team will play again tonight on the road against Wagner at 7:00. This should be a good game as Wagner has an 18-10 record overall (6-5 in District).