The student news site of Smithson Valley High School in Spring Branch, Texas

Valley Ventana’s weekly Connections game: Week of April 22. Photo via Canva
Connections: Week of April 22
Valley Ventana, Staff • April 23, 2024
Wrestling coach Tim Clarkson was named the 5A Region IV Coach of the Year by his peers. Music by MorningLightMusic on YT
Wrestling coach named tops for Region IV 5A
April 22, 2024
Junior Sayers Allen poses for a photo at the golf region competition on April 17. Photo via SVHS Golf.
Swinging it into high gear
Grayson Cook, Staff Writer • April 19, 2024
In Comal school district, 22.0% of students are eligible to participate in the federal free and reduced price meal program, making the federal nutrition program a necessity. Photo by Annie Spratt via Unsplash.
Texas should adopt federal nutrition program
Bethany Mann, Editor-in-Chief • April 18, 2024
Olivia Fuentes will play beach volleyball at Tarleton University in the fall after signing on April 17.
Photo by Daniel Grant
Toe the sign
Alex Whelchel, Managing Editor • April 18, 2024

Ranger Roundup

Check out this weeks results in sports
Haylie Walden
Sophomore Kamryn Prater runs the bases in attempt to make it back to home plate against her opponents from Tivy

Boys Soccer

On March 25th the Rangers lost 3-0 against the Liberty Hill Panthers. Their Season will end in the first district playoff game with a record of 11-9-3. 

Girls Soccer 

This past Monday the girls soccer team was knocked out of the first round of playoffs. They lost to Cedar Park 2-1, ending their season off with an overall record of  12-6-3 and a district record of 10-1-3.

Baseball

The Rangers on March 23 lost to New Braunfels 3-1. Their most recent game against Wagner ended in a win/loss score. They are currently 17-5 in the season and will play next @wagner at 7:00p.m.

Softball

This past Tuesday the softball team swept Pieper winning 11-2 and are now 1st in district. The team has an overall record of 19-6 and a district record of 6-1. They’re next game will be at Tivy this Thursday at 7:00 p.m.

Tennis

On March 26 varsity Ranger tennis played a spring dual match against Davenport and won 11 matches to 9.