Voting aftermath

Students react to recent election.

The deadline to register to vote in the May 6 bond election is midnight on April 6.

The Farrell File

John Garza, Staff Writer

The school carried hundreds of different reactions from students and teachers alike on the morning of Nov. 9. Most involving the election the night before, after Republican nominee Donald Trump took the role as president elect, with 290 electoral votes against Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s 228.

“I didn’t get to sleep until 2:30 last night.” senior Georgeanna Hoey said.

Like Hoey, senior Cole Mansker also lost sleep anticipating the results.

“I called it quits at 12:30.” Mansker said. “What I saw this morning when I got here, was a mixture of elation and disappointment.” Speaking about the crowd of students in the senior dining hall.

From glee and excitement, “I was ecstatic,” senior Brittany Rea said, “I didn’t see it coming.” To disappointment and anguish, “I was sick to my stomach.” Current Valedictorian Megan Harris said.

Some had a quite different reaction than most, finding some entertainment in the matter.

“I was laughing at the result in Virginia and Florida.” senior Coltrane Senn said. Voting for Green Party nominee Jill Stein, he didn’t have any real reaction other than that of a humorous one.

“I’m currently figuring out how to apply for British colleges.” senior Julia Kidd said. Being too young to vote, her parents voted for Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson. “I knew Johnson wasn’t going to win, and I didn’t want Hillary to win either, I severely didn’t want Trump.”

With tensions concerning opinion gripping most of the country which have so far led to protests on college campuses, jeering in middle school cafeterias, both nominees of parties, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, have called for peace and tranquility amongst the citizens.