Baseball maintains dominance

Senior Mason Minister tags a Bourne player out on Feb. 19 during the home game.

Abby Robles

Bobby Palomin, Staff Writer

With another strong tournament last weekend the varsity baseball team continues their early season dominance and has still yet to receive their first loss of the season. After three wins and two ties in their Comal ISD tournament the team now sits at 9-0-2.

Beginning last Thursday, the team came out with a bang defeating Eagle Pass 10-1. But in their second game of the day they were faced with a very evenly matched Buda Hays team and tied with them 5-5.

Friday saw another dominant performance to start the day as the team came out and annihilated Lake Dallas coming away with an 11-1 victory. But in their night game on Friday the team ran into another very evenly matched team in Fort Bend Clements. After hit from junior Hunter Shields that sent sophomore Mason Pierce home to tie up the game in the sixth inning, the teams remained deadlocked at 5 and ended the game in another tie.

In the final stanza of their three day tourney the team closed their 2nd tournament of the year out as they had started it with another strong win. In what was their biggest win of the weekend, the team came away with a 13-1 victory over Burbank High School.

The team’s 9-0-2 record is a testament to their hot start to the year as they prepare to enter their third and final tournament of the year before they enter district play. Their next tournament begins this Thursday, March the 10th at East Central High School as they get ready to face the San Antonio Johnson Jaguars.