Just around the corner

Counselors offer easy meetings with students

SVHS Counseling

The Counselor’s Corner is located in both cafeterias.

Sam Rico, Staff Writer

Your friendly school counselor waits just around the corner.

The Counselor Corner, located in senior dining and the main cafeteria on Fridays during all lunches, allows students to meet with their counselors. The Corner was started on April 1 and will continue through the end of the school year.

The school Counselors’ Corner is another opportunity for students to meet with their school counselor to further ensure their success here at SVHS,” counselor Ayanna Bush said.

Every student will have a chance to visit with their counselors and make the most out of this opportunity.

“Most students have quick questions about summer school options, course requests, graduation information, final exams, grading, and other academic/career questions,” Bush said. “The school Counselor’s Corner is designed to meet students when and where it is easiest for them.”

Students do not have to make an appointment to visit their counselor at the Corner.

“We know that the hustle and bustle of everyday school life can be a bit busy for students,” Bush said.“We want our students to get the optimum knowledge during instructional time, but also have access to supplemental instruction/guidance.”

The counselors’ goal is to provide equal opportunities for all students to access for college, career and academic success.