Evie Armour stars as Iphigenia in the one-act play that competes at region.
Shining Armour
Alissa Kastle, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024
The golf team will compete at state Monday at the Legacy Hills Golf Club. Golfers including as Zach Seader, Aiden Page, Anniiston Mcllwain, Cole Cantu, and Ryan Griff will represent the boys team, while Sayers Allen will play.
Ranger Roundup
Sports staffApril 24, 2024
Valley Ventana’s weekly Connections game: Week of April 22. Photo via Canva
Connections: Week of April 22
Valley Ventana, Staff • April 23, 2024
Wrestling coach Tim Clarkson was named the 5A Region IV Coach of the Year by his peers. Music by MorningLightMusic on YT
Wrestling coach named tops for Region IV 5A
April 22, 2024
Junior Sayers Allen poses for a photo at the golf region competition on April 17. Photo via SVHS Golf.
Swinging it into high gear
Grayson Cook, Staff Writer • April 19, 2024

NJROTC Toys for Tots drive comes to an end

The Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps’ annual Toys for Tots drive ended on Dec. 13. Photo via Commander Scott Outlaw

The annual Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps Toys for Tots drive has ended with approximately 250 toys donated.

Due to the use of an Amazon wishlist this year, NJROTC saw an increase in donations compared to previous years.

“We were pleased with the Amazon wishlist option and received good feedback on having that as an option for donation,” Commander Scott Outlaw said. “We intend to use it again next year and hope we can collect even more toys.”

Now that all the donations have been collected, they will be shipped to a facility in San Antonio and distributed to children in the community.

“We [are] very happy with the turnout and very thankful to all who donated,” Outlaw said. “It will make a young child’s Christmas that much better.”

Students who donated to the drive see the importance of giving back during the holidays.

“[Toys for Tots] ensures that every kid has an opportunity to experience the joy of receiving a gift for the holidays,” senior Truman Davis said.

Along with people who donated, NJROTC sees this drive as a way for students to give back to their community.

“Toys for Tots is the community giving back to those who are less fortunate and whose parents don’t really have money to give them toys for Christmas,” senior Commander Nia Hoppstaedter said.