Senior Spotlight: Ella Majors

Tatum Tomallo, Staff Writer

How long have you been in theatre, and what does it mean to you?
I’ve been in Production Theatre for the past 4 years (freshman to senior year) and have loved every second. Despite the struggles and long hours, I’ve found some of my closest friends there. Production is an unmatchable community that I was so happy to have while navigating high school, and I’m genuinely going to miss the comfort it brought me everyday.

Describe your role on the production team?
While I started with acting for my first 2 years in Production, around my junior year I became interested in tech and started doing lights for a lot of our shows. In our One Act UIL Play this year, “The Castle” I had the honor of being the stage manager and got to engage in the inner workings of a show like never before. I also serve as our Thespian President and am honored to represent Troupe #3743!

How are you feeling about leaving theatre behind?
Although I’m excited to start my new life in Abilene, I’m not at all enthusiastic to leave Production. I’ll miss my little theatre family, our inside jokes, the GroupMe memes, even the 9 hour Saturday rehearsals and the 7-minutes setups. However, I trust those I’m leaving behind to keep the program alive; I know it’s in good hands!

When were you accepted into ACU, and how did you feel?
After several visits to the campus, an acceptance just 2 weeks after applying, and meeting with deans and professors, I realized ACU was the place for me. I’m absolutely thrilled now to be able to pursue an education that also encourages me to grow in my faith, and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for me in Abilene.

What career do you want to pursue with your degree, and why are you interested in it?
I see the need now more than ever for more mental health professionals in our world. I plan to major in Psychology, receiving my Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from ACU and pursue a career in the counseling field.

What aspects of college are you looking forward to?
I’m looking forward to all the new experiences and independence college has to offer. But more specifically, I’m really excited to learn things that I’m actually interested in. While I know there will be standard classes I have to take, I can’t wait to be able to learn things specifically applicable to my career. I’ll also be participating in the honors college at ACU and I believe that the discussion-based type of class environment will be super interesting!

What inspired you to pursue psychology?
Psychology really intrigues me and I’ve always wanted to pursue a career that helps people, so I figured majoring in Psychology in order to become a counselor would be a great way to achieve that.

And lastly, how do you feel about graduating and leaving high school?
When it comes to graduating, the feeling is kinda bittersweet. I will for sure miss my friends in family, but I feel ready and excited to move on to the next season of my life.