Let’s glow winter dance

PTSA to host the second annual “Sadie Hawkins” dance next week

Solily San Miguel

Lets glow on the dance floor next weekend with friends

Solily San Miguel, Staff Writer

In the cafeteria Feb. 4 all students are welcome to get dressed up with their friends and dates to attend the second annual “girls choice” dance hosted this year. 

Friends from different schools are welcome to attend as well. 

Junior Mikaela Jenrette from Country College Preparatory High School, will be attending with some of her on campus friends.

“I’m excited to go because my friends are going,” Jenrette said. “The environment and attitude from the other students made the dance fun and lively.”

The PTSA started up the winter dance last year as a fun idea to keep traditions from when they attended high school, with starting a new tradition on campus of creating a “Sadie Hawkins” dance. 

Having the ladies make the first move by asking the guys on the date.

“I think having a dance where the girls ask the guys is great. It gives the girls a chance to ask out who they want to,” junior Lauryn Alonzo said. “It’s interesting because it shows girls that they can ask out guys without being embarrassed.” 

Being able to enjoy food, drinks and loud music with your friends while dancing the night away. 

Why not have a break from the homework and get tickets for this year’s winter dance? 

Tickets sales go out from Jan. 16 to Feb. 4.

The tickets for the dance will start at $20 through Jan. 30. 

If you decide to bring a friend from another school you will need to fill out the appropriate papers available in your graduating class google classroom. 

The theme is ‘Let’s Glow!’. 

Located in the school cafeteria from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.