BSU sells t-shirts during Black History Month

The+T-shirts+the+Black+Student+Union+are+selling+for+Black+History+Month++are+on+sale+until+Feb.+21+

Courtesy of Shanika Randle

The T-shirts the Black Student Union are selling for Black History Month are on sale until Feb. 21

Kayleigh Fisher, Staff Writer

Black Student Union is selling T-shirts and sweatshirts for the month of February to honor Black History Month.

The revenue of the merchandise is going towards helping pay for travel costs for college visits and cords for the BSU seniors. 

Comal ISD News
Members of the Black Student Union participated in the Martin Luther King Jr. walk in New Braunfels.

This past month, the New Braunfels Foundation invited the BSU to be included in the annual Martin Luther King march. Martin Luther King Jr. was a civil rights activist who fought for equal rights in the 1960s.

More than 20 students from BSU went to the march this year alongside sponsor Shanika Randle and other staff members.

For Black History Month, the BSU plans on spreading awareness throughout the community about the power of equality. 

T-shirts are $20 and sweatshirts are $30. For XXL there is a $2 add on. The deadline for orders is Feb. 21. Payments should be cash or checks (made out to Smithson Valley BSU) and brought to Room D111 or Room D102. ​​ Orders also can be made online at this link: https://forms.gle/SQGnDYrrJfN9gVG69.  An announcement will be made when the shirts arrive.