Student directed theater showcase on Wednesday

Nia Sagaga

Senior Chaya Powell and sophomore Jonathon Jones in Legally Blonde last semester.

Amanda Allen, Staff Writer

The theater classes will be performing three different plays during third period on May 10, showcasing everything they have learned this year. 

Senior and production theater member Emma Derr directed a reenactment of the “Great Gatsby.” She has previously directed a play called “The Love of Three Oranges” at Spring Branch Middle School last year. “[I’m excited] for my kids to actually be proud of the work they’ve done,” Derr said. “They have busted their butts for me and I want them to feel rewarded.”

Another play being directed by senior Aidenne Despres, is about a woman who works on a farm that takes in an illegal immigrant from Mexico. The Good Farmer will take place in the auditorium during 4th period on May 10. 

Senior Chaya Powell will direct a play set in Victorian England about a family with a dark history. 

“Throughout the story, we meet people who are either clueless about the past or who are part of the family’s dark history,” Powell said. Say Uncle, Uncle Silas! Will occur on the same day in the auditorium during 5th period.