Evie Armour stars as Iphigenia in the one-act play that competes at region.
Shining Armour
Alissa Kastle, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024
The golf team will compete at state Monday at the Legacy Hills Golf Club. Golfers including as Zach Seader, Aiden Page, Anniiston Mcllwain, Cole Cantu, and Ryan Griff will represent the boys team, while Sayers Allen will play.
Ranger Roundup
Sports staffApril 24, 2024
Valley Ventana’s weekly Connections game: Week of April 22. Photo via Canva
Connections: Week of April 22
Valley Ventana, Staff • April 23, 2024
Wrestling coach Tim Clarkson was named the 5A Region IV Coach of the Year by his peers. Music by MorningLightMusic on YT
Wrestling coach named tops for Region IV 5A
April 22, 2024
Junior Sayers Allen poses for a photo at the golf region competition on April 17. Photo via SVHS Golf.
Swinging it into high gear
Grayson Cook, Staff Writer • April 19, 2024

Ranger Roundup

Check out this week’s results in sports
Girls cross country competes in the 2nd Annual Antler River Run at Tivy. This week the Rangers will be competing in the district championships. Photo by SV Cross Country

Football

Last Thursday the Rangers won against the Lobos 42-7. 

The first to score was junior running back Brad Sowersbey with a 2-yard run. The Rangers held them to a total of 108 yards. The Lobos were held to -16 rushing-yards and 124 passing yards. Offense led with 381 yards. 

This Friday football will play against MacArthur at home.

Volleyball

Ranger volleyball beat the Veterans Memorial Patriots 3-0 on Friday. Macie Mathis led the team in kills with 12 and blocks with 4. Brittan Fedyk led the team with 15 digs, and Marlowe Berry led the team in assists with 19.

The Rangers also beat Wagner 3-0 as well on Tuesday. Olivia Fuentes led the team in kills with 8 and tied with Megan Zamora with 2 blocks a piece. Fuentes also led the team in digs with 9 and Berry had 17 assists as well.

Volleyball will play against Tivy this Friday at home.

Water Polo

Water polo just recently competed in round one of playoffs this past Monday against Johnson. The Rangers were knocked out in the first round losing 19-4 against the Jaguars. 

Tennis

Tennis just recently competed in the first round of playoffs against Cedar Park this past Monday.  Tennis lost and will be looking towards the future to spring tennis.

Cross Country

Oct. 12 cross country will compete in the Districts Cross Country Championships.