First steps into high school dance

Sliver spurs, Silverados host clinic

The silver spurs dance team lines the field at Ranger Stadium. They waited to welcome the football team onto the field and kickoff the game.

Morgan Price

Makayla Kyner, Staff Writer

Saturday the dance team will host a dance clinic for students from kindergarten through eighth grade in the cafeteria. Both the Silverados and the Silver Spurs will be helping to teach dances to the upcoming generation of dancers.

“Attendance is expected to be great,” Dance coach Ashtyn Burttschell said. “We already have over 100 kids signed up.”

Taylor Vela, first year Silver Spur, also commented about her excitement,

“I am excited to teach what I know to people who look up to me,” she said. “Some of these kids could be dancing next to me as soon as two years from now.”

Vela will be teaching the fourth and fifth graders in the cafeteria.

“We’re teaching one little combo with like no technique,” Vela said. “It’s really easy, and 45 seconds.”

They will be attending the varsity game against Round Rock, September 15th. The mini dancers will get to participate during the pre-game rituals, sit in the stands with the Silver Spurs during the first quarter and will get to perform during halftime.

“I expect it will be a lot of fun and will be really successful,” Burttschell said, “Everybody’s really excited to see how the clinic goes.”