Homecoming court announced

Winners crowned Friday

Homecoming queen Madi Forbes gets ready for her closeup with some help from her parent during halftime Friday.

Daisy Bermes

Senior Madi Forbes and Logan Smith carried away the sash and crown Friday as the homecoming court was announced during halftime of Friday’s game.

Forbes was on hand to receive her accolades, but Smith was in the locker room getting ready for the second half of the football game.

Jacob Cox and Tara McLeod were named senior class prince and princess while Derius Young and Caroline Kuhn received the same titles for the junior class. Sophomores McKay Rush and Madisson Overstreet were named prince and princess, and CJ Garcia and Trinity Onan represented the freshman class.

The nominees are as follows:

Senior class duchess:

Tara McLeod

Madi Forbes

Meagan Stirm

Kate Barber

Senior Class Dukes:

Casey Casselberry

Jacob Cox

Bradley Padgett

Logan Smith

Junior Dutchess:

Amelia Aguilar

Keala Clark

Katalina Quintanilla

Caroline Kuhn

Junior Dukes:

Derius YOung

Armel Talla

Trey Witches

Christian Welch

Sophomore Duchesses:

Reagan Hoffman

Faith Falcon

Madison Overstreet

Kenedy Weakly

Sophomore Dukes:

Mckay Rush

Ethan Young

Colin Carrol

Dylan Perez

Freshman Duchesses:

Elizabeth Hagelin

Olivia Gusme

Emilee Johnson

Trinity Ohan

Freshman Dukes:

Cade Garcia

Ryan Hack

Rangers school wide are ecstatic to show off their school pride at the game and dance this upcoming weekend.

“Students have the option to nominate someone from their grade level,” said Helkey, “Anyone is allowed to nominate.”

Four students are nominated from each grade level.

“These top 4 are the potential princes and princesses of each grade level,” Helkey said, “The student body votes to decide the King, the Queen and the Prince and Princess for each grade. The King and Queen are chosen from the senior nominees.”

After the voting is over, the winners are decided and will be crowned at the Homecoming game on Friday.

Inclement weather recently has brought the cancellation of the game into question. If this happens, “the crowning will be moved frown the game to the dance Saturday night.”

Being nominated for homecoming court is considered a very high honor, so be sure to come support your Rangers this Friday night!