Show your voice

PTSA Reflections deadline is Monday

The deadline for PTSA reflections entries is next Monday, Oct. 31.

National PTSA

Grayson Cook, Staff Writer

The PTSA is once again starting up its annual Reflections Program with a new theme titled “Show Your Voice”. The deadline for the entries is Oct. 31.

However, this arts program, which allows  Texas students from all schools to participate, comes with a strict set of rules.

Any student who wants to be a part of  the National PTA Reflections Program must be a current member of the local PTA and/or PTSA where the student is participating. The PTA/PTSA may be involved in determining a date by which the member must join.

Before they are allowed to participate, students must fill out and sign all entry forms.

In addition, all entries must include a title and a statement by the artist. The statements must be 10-100 words describing how their work relates to the theme. The categories are listed below.   

• Dance Choreography
  • Film Production
  • Literature
  • Music Composition
  • Photography
  • Visual Arts                                                                                                                

Student Creativity and Original work is required for all entries to be eligible. Students are allowed to submit one piece of work each. If a student uses prohibited copyrighted material for their statement, with the exception of using recorded music in Dance Choreography and Film Production entries, as long as it is cited on the student entry form, will be disqualified. Use of PowerPoint is also not allowed.  

Entries, which will be reviewed at Local, Council, State, and National levels, will be judged primarily on how well the student uses his or her own artistic vision to portray the theme, originality, and creativity.

It’s time to show your voice.