The student news site of Smithson Valley High School in Spring Branch, Texas

Hudson Woods throws his arms out after a play before getting into position
Hudson Woods climbs to new heights after standout sophomore season
Jonathan Jones, Sports Writer • May 18, 2024
Joshua Velasquez committed to serving his country in the U.S. Army.
Beyond basic
Margaret Edmonson, Adviser • May 17, 2024
Sydney Rakowitz will study education and training and music at the University of Incarnate Word.
Seniors sign to continue athletic, non-athletic careers
Valley Ventana, Staff • May 16, 2024
Boy Scouts of America announced on May 7 the organizations name will change to Scouting America on the organizations 115th birthday Feb. 8, 2025. Photo by JV via unsplash.com
Boy Scouts changing name after 115 years
Grayson Cook, Staff writer • May 15, 2024
The top 15 students in the senior class receive special recognition at graduation on May 22 due to their hard work throughout high school. 
Graphic by Alex Whelchel via Canva
Profile: Top 15 seniors
Alex Whelchel, Managing Editor • May 13, 2024

Football’s headed to state: here’s what’s happening

Olivia Ingram
The football team will be traveling to Arlington this Friday to compete for the state championship.

After last Friday’s win against the Brownsville Chargers, football will be playing in the 5A state finals on Friday at 7 p.m. in the AT&T stadium in Arlington.

To get tickets to the game can be purchased through Seat Geek for $20. Student UIL passes cannot be used for entry into the game and tickets must be mobile, not printed. On the right side of the screen when buying tickets the promo code 5ADIS23 can be used. The game can also be watched live through Bally Sports.

ParkingMap
Parking Map

Similar to last Friday, excused absences will be given to students going to the game. Students need to bring in a parent note stating that they will be attending the game. Students checked out early will be marked “excused with parent note”.

The drive to the stadium from the school is about 4 hours and 15 minutes, so to get to the game in time for kick-off leaving around 2 p.m. would be best.

To park at the game there are many lots surrounding AT&T stadium where prices range from $15-$35. The cheapest lot is the Sienna lot and is about a 15 minute walk to the stadium. The most expensive lot is the Venza lot and is about a 20 minute walk to the stadium. It’s recommended to not park at the nearby Walmart as they will tow your car.