Part-time summer fun

What to find at the students summer job fair

COMAL ISD

Employers helps students reach out in hopes to find a summer job

Solily San Miguel, Staff Writer

Jobs are a recommended way to keep students busy throughout summer break, while also being able to make some money and memories of their own. 

As a way to make things easier for students looking for a summer job Comal County is holding their third annual summer job fair. 

Through B wing and leading to Rotunda, companies of all sorts bring pamphlets, applications, decorated tables, and more to grab students’ attention and provide the opportunity for teens (14 and higher)  to work during summer break.

The fair will be a great opportunity to ask the cooperation representatives any questions you have as to what to expect if you choose to work at one of the jobs presented.  

Students are asked to dress to impress and bring their resume (not required) to the fair. 

This is convenient for young adults wanting to enter the workforce as getting a job on your own can be very frustrating and stressful. 

Taking the big step and getting a job is a big change, which can be difficult when figuring out which job suits your work ethic and your schedule.

“Students should dress nicely for this event,”  Academic and career advisor Lauren Kiesling said. “Some employers will do on the spot interviews” 

The humble and curious environment of the job fair will be perfect for young adults wanting to make some money and memories of their own during the summer.

If you’re ready to work this summer we recommend coming over to this year’s Job Fair on Tuesday.