Evie Armour stars as Iphigenia in the one-act play that competes at region.
Shining Armour
Alissa Kastle, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024
The golf team will compete at state Monday at the Legacy Hills Golf Club. Golfers including as Zach Seader, Aiden Page, Anniiston Mcllwain, Cole Cantu, and Ryan Griff will represent the boys team, while Sayers Allen will play.
Ranger Roundup
Sports staffApril 24, 2024
Valley Ventana’s weekly Connections game: Week of April 22. Photo via Canva
Connections: Week of April 22
Valley Ventana, Staff • April 23, 2024
Wrestling coach Tim Clarkson was named the 5A Region IV Coach of the Year by his peers. Music by MorningLightMusic on YT
Wrestling coach named tops for Region IV 5A
April 22, 2024
Junior Sayers Allen poses for a photo at the golf region competition on April 17. Photo via SVHS Golf.
Swinging it into high gear
Grayson Cook, Staff Writer • April 19, 2024

Students share Grammy 2024 predictions

The Grammy’s will take place Feb. 4 at 7 p.m. CST, and comedian Trevor Noah will host. Photo via Grammy’s website.

The Grammy Music Awards will take place on Sunday, and a recent survey revealed student favorites for the main categories.

“Kill Bill” by SZA, “Vampire” by Olivia Rodrigo and “What Was I Made For?” by Billie Eilish are leading the vote for Record of the Year. Among these three, “Worship” by Jon Batiste, “Not Strong Enough” by boygenius, “Flowers” by Miley Cyrus, “On my Mama” by Victoria Monet and “Anti-Hero” by Taylor Swift are also nominated.

For Song of the Year, “What Was I Made For” by Billie Eilish and Finneas, “Anti-Hero” by Jack Antonoff and Taylor Swift and “Dance The Night” by Caroline Ailin, Dua Lipa, Mark Ronson and Andrew Wyatt are ahead of the other five songs nominated, including “A&W” by Jack Antonoff, Lana Del Rey and Sam Dew, “Butterfly” by Jon Batiste & Dan Wilson, “Flowers” by Miley Cyrus, Gregory Aldae Hein & Michael Pollack, “Kill Bill” by Rob Bisel, Carter Lang & Solana Rowe and “Vampire” by Daniel Nigro & Olivia Rodrigo.

“SOS” by SZA, “Midnights” by Taylor Swift and “Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd” by Lana Del Rey have the most votes for Album of Year. “World Music Radio” by Jon Batiste, “the record” by boygenius, “Endless Summer Vacation” by Miley Cyrus, “The Age Of Pleasure” by Janelle Monae and “GUTS” by Olivia Rodrigo are also nominated.

In the Best New Artist category, Ice Spice, Noah Kahan and Jelly Roll are student favorites. Among them, Gracie Abrams, Fred again…, Coco Jones, Victoria Monet and The War and Treaty are also nominated, with Gracie Abrams close in votes with Jelly Roll.

“GUTS” by Olivia Rodrigo and “Midnights” by Taylor Swift are dominating the Best Pop Vocal Album category. “-(Subtract)” by Ed Sheeran is in third place, but it is nowhere near the other two albums. “Chemistry” by Kelly Clarkson and “Endless Summer Vacation” by Miley Cyrus are also nominated.

“This Is Why” by Paramore and “But Here We Are” by Foo Fighters are in the lead for Best Rock Album. “72 Seasons” by Metallica, “Startcatcher” by Greta Van Fleet, and “In Times New Roman” by Queens Of The Stone Age are also nominated.

For Best Rap Album, “Her Loss” by Drake & 21 Savage, “HEROES & VILLIANS” by Metro Boomin, and “UTOPIA” by Travis Scott are dominating the vote, with “MICHAEL” by Killer Mike and “King’s Disease III” by Nas trailing far behind.

“Zach Bryan” by Zach Bryan has majority of the vote for Best Country Album, with “Rolling Up The Welcome Mat” by Kelsea Ballerini and “Rustin’ In The Rain” by Tyler Childers tied for second. “Brothers Osborne” by Brothers Osborne and “Bell Bottom Country” by Lainey Wilson are also nominated.