Evie Armour stars as Iphigenia in the one-act play that competes at region.
Shining Armour
Alissa Kastle, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024
The golf team will compete at state Monday at the Legacy Hills Golf Club. Golfers including as Zach Seader, Aiden Page, Anniiston Mcllwain, Cole Cantu, and Ryan Griff will represent the boys team, while Sayers Allen will play.
Ranger Roundup
Sports staffApril 24, 2024
Valley Ventana’s weekly Connections game: Week of April 22. Photo via Canva
Connections: Week of April 22
Valley Ventana, Staff • April 23, 2024
Wrestling coach Tim Clarkson was named the 5A Region IV Coach of the Year by his peers. Music by MorningLightMusic on YT
Wrestling coach named tops for Region IV 5A
April 22, 2024
Junior Sayers Allen poses for a photo at the golf region competition on April 17. Photo via SVHS Golf.
Swinging it into high gear
Grayson Cook, Staff Writer • April 19, 2024

Homecoming tickets to go on sale Sunday

Bethany Mann
The homecoming dance is organized by student council every school year. Graphic made via Canva.

Tickets for the homecoming dance on Oct. 14 will go on sale Sunday on the brushfire website. Ticket prices will start at $25 each and will go up to $30 after Monday. On Oct. 9 prices will rise to $35 and at the door, they will cost $40. 

The dance starts at 7 p.m. in the cafeteria and the theme is A Night In A Fairytale.

A new twist on homecoming proposals had been introduced this year. Organizers want to see proposals posted on the student council instagram feed by Oct. 6, and the best proposal will be selected from those. Best proposal will get half price on tickets.

“We just want students to have a night of fun,” homecoming chair Karissa Collazo said. 

The homecoming court will be announced during Friday’s football game against MacArthur, and those court members will be recognized at the dance. The final round of voting for the court takes place next week through each grade’s Google Classroom.

Alex Whelchel via Canva

Student council seeks volunteers to join the organization and help set up and take down decorations the night of the dance. Students can talk to Student Council President Chesney Gaines or Vice President Lily Haider for more information.

Due to the school holiday on Oct. 9, spirit days will begin on Tuesday with Barbie. Wednesday will be pajama day, Thursday students have a choice between anything but a backpack, or twin day and Friday is Ranger gear.